When you hear about sawmills, what first comes into your mind?
How about parks? What do you usually expect to see in one?
Okay, imagine yourself now being in a sawmill and a park. And no, not separately. Imagine yourself being in BOTH a sawmill and a park. What do you see?
Sawmill and park, history and art, man-made and natural – you can see or experience or you can maybe even do both with all these and more in just one place.
Now, here’s what makes Sawmill Multicultural Art & Nature County Park awesome:
- Most of us pretty much know how sawmills can be like. But who’d have thought it can be a scenic park, too? in Flagstaff, Arizona illustrates how a then-sawmill and a now-park can come together as one to provide wonderful experiences for both locals and tourists alike.
- The Sawmill Multicultural Art & Nature County Park was built on one of Flagstaff’s first sawmills during the 1900s, dubbed as “brownfield.” This very sawmill helped shaped the wood industry in Flagstaff and garnered the attention of families all over the world, most especially those who live in Mexico, Africa, Sweden, Poland, and Italy.
- The Sawmill Multicultural Art & Nature County Park offers both educational and recreational activities. You can either see or experience how it’s like to work in sawmills or you can roam around wildlife gardens and see how a typical contaminated wood industry was turned into an unusual environmentally aesthetic community.
Check out the best scroll saw of 2017, which is kind of similar to the equipment used in sawmills back then.
The Sawmill Multicultural Art & Nature County Park also has the following:
- A backyard habitat and demonstration garden.
- A sculpture walk.
- An art wall for community painting.
- A performance stage.
- Ponderosa Ramada
- Willow Bend Environmental Education Center.
- Two acres of land.
- A lawn area.
- A parking area.
- A playground
- Picnic tables.
- Restrooms and a drinking fountain.
Furthermore, is home to 30 kinds of wildlife viewing areas within 30 miles of Flagstaff.
Indeed, the Sawmill Multicultural Art & Nature County Park is the perfect location for a weekend getaway trip with your family, your friends, or when going on a solo trip. You can go camping or hiking, exploring or relaxing, viewing beautiful art pieces or seeing remarkable wildlife animals. Moreover, you can experience firsthand how it’s like to work in sawmills and see how a typical contaminated wood industry was turned into an unusual environmentally aesthetic community.
Visit the Sawmill Multicultural Art & Nature County Park now!